Solar panels have come down in price quite considerably in the last couple of years. Solar panels were almost 3 times the cost 2 years ago. Due to mass production of solar panels the uk market has benefitted from the reduction in prices. Do not be fooled by the fact the feed in tariff is now 15.44p per Kwh, solar panels have become much more investable due to lower prices. The average 4kw solar panel system costs around £6000.00 and can return up to £850.00 in the first year. Please call us for free advice we are happy just to have a chat with you and let you know what solar panels can offer.
A typical house uses 4000 units of electricity per year @ 14.5p* per unit. The average annual electricity cost is therefore £580. A 4kWp Solar PV system can generate 3200 kWh*
Assuming half of the energy produced is used in the home, the rest sold back to the grid:
FIT income = 16p x 3200 = £531.20
Export tariff income = 4.5p x 1660 = £74.70
Avoided electricity = 14.5p x 1660 = £240.70
Total income and savings in the 1st year : £846.60
These payments are index linked and guaranteed for 20 years.
There are many advantages of solar power. Although solar power is an energy source that we have only recently tapped into, it may easily become the most important energy source of the future.
• Solar power is a renewable and natural resource.
• Solar power is non-polluting. Unlike oil, solar power does not emit greenhouse gases or carcinogens into the air.
• Light and energy from the sun costs nothing. Once you purchase the equipment to collect and convert energy from the sun, it costs you nothing to run.
• Solar cells require little maintenance.
• Solar cells can last a lifetime.
• Solar power is silent.
Chandelier fitted in Newark, Nottingham for one of our long term customers.